The American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP), 40,000 member strong, serves the Health System Pharmacist community by providing Advocacy, Career Services, Continuing Education, Drug Information, Meetings and Conferences, Professional Policies and Practice Standards, Residency and Technician Training Accreditation and Publishing the world’s premier pharmacy journal as well as a wide variety of clinical and management references, textbooks, online products and video training programs.
GOALS AND CHALLENGE
The client required replacement of their legacy system which was comprised of the Lawson suite of financial, HR/Payroll and operational applications, Excel, and other ancillary tools to manage and report accounting information critical to the allocation of corporate resources.
Challenges of the legacy system included concerns regarding redundant data entry, access to data and ease of reporting.
KEY GOALS OF ERP SOLUTION
- Integration to its Association Management System, first TIMMS, then to Personify
- Eliminate duplicate data entry
- Provide project managers with better reporting
- Automation of the distribution of monthly operating reports
- Integrated Fixed Asset solution
- Intercompany capabilities
- Enhanced banking capabilities, such as Safe Pay and EFT for PM
- HR/Payroll back office and self service capabilities
- Dynamics GP – ERP, HRMS
- Rx - the Financial Reporting solution and FRx Webport – the online tool where Dept. Heads could access and drilldown on their monthly reports
- Business Portal – used for Financial Reports and HR Self Service
- GP Integration Manager for data conversion
- Assorted ISV solutions, including Panatrack, Mekorma MICR, Greenshades 1099, Blue Moon Advanced GL Close
- Customization to auto fill account number on data entry windows
RESULTS - OPERATIONAL IMPROVEMENT AS A RESULT OF THE GP ERP IMPLEMENTATION
- Implementation of FRx as ASHP’s financial reporting tool increased the ease and accuracy of reporting for ASHP. The ability to post financial reports to FRx Webport, where departmental users had access to their financial statements with drilldown capability, or to the Business Portal, where reports were posted for users that did not require drilldown access, succeeded in putting information in people’s hands so they can make more timely decisions. ASHP will soon be migrating its FRx solution to Management Reporter.
- Blue Moon’s Advanced GL Close module enables ASHP to automatically close P&L Activity to the proper Fund Balance by Fund Type and Reporting Unit/Funding Source, saving hours of work due to the multitude of Funds.
- Improved processing of bank transactions, including EFT for Payables Management and Safepay
- Online exception leave reporting and individual, secure access to important benefit and pay information online
- Integration from AMS system to GP GL and Bank Rec modules.